5+ Delicious and Easy Ways to Prepare Salmon Porridge for Babies at Home
Salmon porridge is a fantastic weaning food for babies. Not only is it nutritious and nourishing, but it also boasts a delightful and appealing flavor that will make your baby enjoy every spoonful. Today, KINGFISH will share with you over 5 ways to cook delicious and easily consumable salmon porridge right in your own kitchen.
I/ How many months can a baby eat salmon?
When your baby reaches 7 months old, you can start introducing salmon porridge to them. Begin with small portions and gradually increase the amount of food. During the feeding process, if you notice any signs of a potential salmon allergy, it’s important to stop feeding the baby to prevent any worsening conditions.
According to nutrition experts, it’s recommended to limit your baby’s consumption of salmon-based dishes to no more than 4 times a week. Wild-caught salmon from the sea may contain mercury. While salmon is nutritious for babies, it’s advised not to overfeed them.
II/ What to Cook Salmon Porridge with to Avoid Fishiness?
A common recipe for making salmon porridge for babies typically includes three main components:
- Pureed vegetables
- Salmon meat
However, many parents are unsure about what to cook salmon porridge with to reduce the fishy odor of the salmon. One solution is to cook the porridge in combination with suitable vegetables. Here are some suggestions for vegetables that can be used in salmon porridge:
- Malabar spinach
- Water spinach
- Sweet potato leaves
- Chinese broccoli
Depending on your baby’s texture preference, when cooking salmon porridge with vegetables, you can steam or boil the vegetables first and then puree them. Later, the vegetable and salmon portions can be mixed into the porridge.
III/ 5+ Nutrient-Rich Salmon Porridge Recipes for Babies
Below are some delicious and nutritious salmon porridge recipes for introducing solids to your baby. Moms, take note!
1. How to Make Salmon and Pumpkin Porridge for Baby
• Ingredients: Salmon fillet (100g), pumpkin (100g), white rice (40-50g), baby-friendly seasonings.
• Instructions: Peel and cut the pumpkin into small pieces, then puree it. Wash the salmon and steam it until cooked, then puree it. Use the salmon cooking water to cook the rice. Once the rice is soft, add the pumpkin and salmon, simmer for an additional 10 minutes, and season according to your baby’s taste.
2. How to Make Salmon and Seaweed Porridge for Baby
• Ingredients: Salmon fillet (30g), dried seaweed (a few sheets), white rice.
• Instructions: Steam the salmon until cooked, then shred it. Stir-fry the shredded salmon with fragrant fried shallots. Soak the dried seaweed until it’s soft, then cut it into small pieces. Use the salmon cooking water to cook the rice. Once the rice is cooked, add the salmon and seaweed to the porridge and simmer together. Season it to taste.
3. How to Make Salmon and Chinese Broccoli Porridge for Baby
• Ingredients: Salmon fillet (30g), Chinese broccoli (20g), white rice (50g), dried shallots, cooking oil, baby-friendly seasonings.
• Instructions: Wash the salmon and soak it in unsweetened milk for 20 minutes. Blend the salmon after it’s absorbed the milk. Rinse the rice and soak it in water. Wash the Chinese broccoli and puree it. Stir-fry the salmon with fragrant fried shallots. Once the salmon porridge is cooked, add the Chinese broccoli and salmon, season it, and simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes.
4. How to Make Salmon and Asparagus Porridge for Baby
• Ingredients: Salmon fillet (15g), asparagus (30g), white rice (300g), milk (30ml), ginger (1/2 piece).
• Instructions: Soak the salmon in milk to eliminate the fishy smell, then steam it with ginger until cooked. Wash and finely chop the asparagus.
Use the salmon cooking water to cook the rice. Once the porridge is cooked, add the salmon and asparagus, season it according to your baby’s taste.
5. How to Make Salmon and Cheese Porridge for Baby
• Ingredients: Salmon fillet (200g), cheese (15g), brown rice (150g), shiitake mushrooms (50g), sesame oil, green onions, seasonings.
• Instructions: Wash the salmon and soak it in unsweetened milk to eliminate the fishy smell, then steam it until cooked. Rinse the brown rice and soak it in water. Soak the shiitake mushrooms, then wash and finely chop them. Stir-fry the salmon with fragrant fried shallots. Once the porridge is cooked, add the salmon, shiitake mushrooms, seasonings, and sesame oil. Garnish with green onions.
After reading this article, you’ve surely learned how to cook salmon porridge for your baby, right? By varying the ingredients and using different vegetables, you can create various versions of salmon porridge for your beloved little one. Experiment with different recipes to discover what your baby enjoys the most! Wishing you success in your culinary adventures.