How to Cook Nutritious Abalone Soup at Home for the Family
In this article, KINGFISH shares a simple yet delicious and nutritious recipe for abalone and crab soup. This soup is not only naturally sweet but also lacks any fishy taste, making it a delightful and enticing dish for your family meal.
I/ Abalone and Crab Soup
Ingredients for Abalone and Crab Soup:
- 1 large abalone (80g meat)
- 200g crab meat
- 200g chicken thigh
- 1 carrot
- 50g green beans
- 3 fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 ear of corn
- 2 eggs
- 1kg chicken bones
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 slices of ginger, 3 shallots, cilantro
- Seasonings: Sesame oil, sugar, salt, ground pepper, white wine
Steps to Prepare Abalone and Crab Soup:
1. Preparation of Chicken, Crab, and Abalone
In this recipe for abalone and crab soup, we will prepare the chicken, crab, and abalone first. Wash the chicken thigh and remove any odor by rinsing it with salt and vinegar. Cook the chicken thigh for about 20 minutes with 3 shallots until it’s fully cooked, then shred it. Next, cook the crab with 2 slices of ginger until it’s cooked, then peel and chop it. Clean the abalone and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
2. Prepare the Broth
The next step is to prepare the broth. Simmer 1kg of chicken bones with about 2 liters of water for about 1 hour, then remove the chicken bones.
3. Preparation of Vegetables
After preparing the vegetables, continue to blanch the carrot, green beans, and corn in boiling water for about 5 minutes until they are cooked. Then, transfer the vegetables to cold water for 2 minutes and drain. Next, shred the cooked chicken thigh and beat the eggs. Shred the cooked chicken thigh and set it aside.
4. Cook the Soup
Next, it’s time to cook the soup. Heat the chicken bone broth until it boils, then add the shredded chicken thigh, shiitake mushrooms, and abalone. Add sugar and salt, then mix cornstarch with water and slowly pour it into the pot, stirring to thicken the soup. When the soup has thickened, reduce the heat, add the beaten eggs, and stir to evenly distribute the eggs in the soup. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed, then turn off the heat.
Finally, ladle the abalone and crab soup into bowls, sprinkle with ground pepper and cilantro on top to add an enticing touch. Your abalone and crab soup is now ready to be enjoyed by the whole family.
II/ Abalone and Shiitake Mushroom Soup
Ingredients for Abalone and Shiitake Mushroom Soup:
- 300g dried abalone
- 100g dried shiitake mushrooms
- 750ml chicken broth
- 500g scallop meat
- 500g crab meat
- 50g potato starch
- A splash of white wine
- 60g ginger
- 3 bird’s eye chilies
- 10g minced shallots
- 5g minced garlic
- 2 limes
- Seasonings: Sugar, salt, oyster sauce, vegetable oil, cooking oil, black pepper
Steps to Prepare Abalone and Shiitake Mushroom Soup:
1. Prepare the Abalone
After purchasing the abalone, soak it in water for about 20 minutes until it expands.
2. Prepare the Other Ingredients
– Soak the dried shiitake mushrooms in water until they expand, then remove the stems, rinse them thoroughly, and drain.
– Peel and chop the ginger.
– Crab meat can be bought pre-cooked or you can cook live crabs, remove the meat, and shred it.
3. Make the Broth
Place a pot of boiling water on the stove, add the abalone, ginger, and chicken broth, and simmer over medium heat for 2 hours.
4. Sauté the Mushrooms
After the abalone broth is ready, pour it into a bowl and set it aside. Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in another pot, add minced shallots and sauté until fragrant. Then, add minced garlic and sliced mushrooms, and sauté until the mushrooms are cooked. Continue by adding 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce and a splash of white wine, stirring well.
5. Cook the Soup
– Sauté the mushrooms for about 1 minute, then pour the prepared abalone broth into the pot and wait for it to boil. Once the broth is boiling, add the scallop meat.
– In a small bowl, mix potato starch with a bit of water, then pour it into the pot, stirring until the soup thickens. Cook the soup for about 2 more minutes, then add the crab meat and turn off the heat.
6. Prepare the Sauce
Crush 40g of ginger and 3 bird’s eye chilies. Mix the minced ginger and chilies with 2 tablespoons of lime juice and 3.5 tablespoons of sugar until the mixture is well combined.
Ladle the abalone and shiitake mushroom soup into bowls and sprinkle some black pepper on top. This abalone soup features a smooth and velvety sauce, combining the flavors of abalone, crab, and scallops with the zesty ginger-lime sauce. Enjoy your delicious soup!
III/ Abalone, Pork Rib, and Winter Melon Soup
Ingredients for Abalone, Pork Rib, and Winter Melon Soup:
- 500g canned abalone
- 1kg chicken feet
- 2kg pork rib bones
- 600g pork tendon
- 800g winter melon
- 30g dried scallops
- Seasoning: Salt
Steps to Prepare Abalone, Pork Rib, and Winter Melon Soup:
Step 1: Prepare Chicken Feet and Pork Bones
• Clean the chicken feet, remove the sharp claws, and rub them with salt. Then, rinse thoroughly with cold water.
• Wash the pork rib bones with diluted saltwater and soak them for 15 minutes to remove any unpleasant odor. Rinse them again with cold water.
• Place 1kg of chicken feet and 2kg of pork rib bones in a pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Let it boil for a few minutes to remove any undesirable odors, then rinse them thoroughly with cold water.
Step 2: Prepare Other Ingredients
• Peel the winter melon, rinse it, and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
• Soak the dried scallops in warm water for about 15 minutes.
Step 3: Make the Broth
• Blanch 600g of pork tendon in boiling water for about 10 minutes to soften the meat and remove any unpleasant odors. Rinse it thoroughly with cold water and let it drain.
• Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the chicken feet and pork rib bones, and cook until the water comes to a boil. Then, remove them from the pot. Next, add the pork tendon, winter melon, and dried scallops to the pot. Cook until it comes to a boil again, then reduce the heat and simmer for an additional 40 minutes.
Step 4: Cook the Soup
Add the canned abalone to the soup and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for another 10 minutes. Finally, season with 1 teaspoon of salt or to taste.
Abalone, pork rib, and winter melon soup have a delightful sweetness from the broth that blends perfectly with the abalone, dried scallops, and winter melon. Enjoy this delicious and nutritious soup!
Here are four delicious and nutritious abalone soup recipes for your whole family! Don’t hesitate any longer; follow KINGFISH’s suggestions to treat your loved ones. We wish you success!