Preparing Abalone in Oyster Sauce – Restaurant-Style Flavor
Exploring and adding variations to your meals can make your family dinners more exciting and enticing. Sometimes, try changing your palate and adding new dishes to your menu for diverse and enjoyable culinary experiences. Abalone in oyster sauce is a tempting dish; do you know how to make it? If not, check out KINGFISH’s article below to learn how to prepare abalone in oyster sauce right now!
I/ How to Make Abalone in Oyster Sauce
- Ingredients for making “Abalone in Oyster Sauce”:
– 400 grams of abalone
– 20 grams of Chinese sausage (lap xuong)
– 8 shiitake mushrooms
– 1 liter of chicken broth
– 150 grams of Chinese flowering cabbage (cai thia)
– 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
– 1/3 tablespoon of soy sauce
– Seasonings: salt, chicken bouillon, and sugar
- Cooking Instructions for Abalone in Oyster Sauce:
Step 1: Prepare the Abalone
– Rinse the abalone thoroughly to remove any sand or dirt. Then, use a wide stainless steel spoon to remove the abalone meat from the shell.
– Remove the black part (the black patch on the abalone) and discard it.
– Rinse the abalone meat under running water to remove any impurities and black residue.
Step 2: Prepare Other Ingredients
– Soak the shiitake mushrooms in warm water for about 20 minutes until they expand, then remove and discard the stems.
– Trim the base of the Chinese flowering cabbage and rinse it with water. Then, place it in a colander to drain.
– Cut the Chinese sausage into small pieces.
Step 3: Prepare the Oyster Sauce
– In a pot, combine the chicken broth, Chinese sausage, soy sauce, and oyster sauce, then stir well.
– Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 – 5 minutes until the mixture is bubbling.
Step 4: Cook the Abalone
– Add the abalone and shiitake mushrooms to the pot and simmer over medium heat for 15 – 20 minutes. Adjust the cooking time to your preference, whether you want the abalone and mushrooms to be tender or slightly firm.
Step 5: Blanch the Chinese Flowering Cabbage
– While the sauce is cooking, bring some water to a boil in another pot. Add the Chinese flowering cabbage and a pinch of salt, then blanch for 3 – 5 minutes. Be careful not to overcook it to maintain its nutritional value and vibrant color.
Step 6: Plate the Dish
– Arrange the Chinese flowering cabbage, mushrooms, and abalone on a plate as desired.
– Drizzle the oyster sauce over the dish to make it visually appealing and flavorful.
The above is how to make “Abalone in Oyster Sauce,” a restaurant-quality dish with the delicious aroma and taste of oyster sauce combined with abalone, mushrooms, and Chinese cabbage that will delight your taste buds.
II/ Tips for Cooking Abalone in Oyster Sauce
When preparing “Abalone in Oyster Sauce,” please keep in mind the following tips to ensure a delicious and safe meal:
1. Choose Fresh Abalone: Make sure to purchase fresh abalone with firm and odor-free meat. Avoid using abalone that shows signs of spoilage or has an unclear origin.
2. Properly Prepare the Abalone: Before cooking, clean the abalone thoroughly to remove any sand or impurities. Remove the black part and unnecessary parts.
3. Use Fresh Ingredients: Besides abalone, ensure that other ingredients like mushrooms, Chinese flowering cabbage, and Chinese sausage are fresh and of high quality to enhance the dish’s flavor.
4. Cook the Oyster Sauce Correctly: Be mindful not to overcook the sauce. Simmer it for a few minutes until it bubbles while stirring to combine the flavors.
5. Don’t Overcook the Abalone: Abalone may require a longer cooking time compared to mushrooms, so adjust the cooking time to your preference, whether you want it tender or slightly firm.
6. Presentation: When plating “Abalone in Oyster Sauce,” be careful with the arrangement to make the dish visually appealing.
7. Enjoy Promptly: It’s best to enjoy the dish promptly after cooking to savor the fresh and tender abalone.
Adhering to these tips will help you prepare a delicious and safe “Abalone in Oyster Sauce” for your family to enjoy.
“Abalone in Oyster Sauce” is not only an excellent choice for its unique flavor of oyster sauce combined with abalone, mushrooms, and Chinese flowering cabbage but also a nutritious meal for the whole family. We wish you success in preparing this dish using the KINGFISH recipe.