Strictly Avoid Eating Seafood with These 8 Types of Food
We Vietnamese have a strong preference for seafood, particularly in coastal cities. Seafood is popular because it contains a lot of nutrients. Combining seafood with certain types of food, on the other hand, can cause unexpected health problems. This article will address many people’s concerns about “what to eat after eating seafood” and “what not to eat with seafood.”
I/ What Not to Eat After Eating Seafood? 8 Types of Food to Avoid
Not all types of food can be combined with seafood because some can pose risks to digestion, causing bloating, indigestion, nausea, or diarrhea. Here are the top 8 foods you should not eat with seafood:
1. Milk and dairy products: Drinking milk after eating seafood can reduce calcium absorption, leading to digestive issues and the growth of harmful bacteria.
You should not drink milk after eating seafood
2. Fruits: Combining seafood with acidic fruits like watermelon, oranges, lemons, etc., can cause bloating, indigestion, and stomach discomfort.
You should not eat fruit after eating seafood
3. Coffee and alcoholic beverages: Consuming coffee or alcoholic beverages after seafood can result in digestive problems such as nausea and dizziness.
You should not drink coffee after eating seafood
4. Tea: Tannic acid in tea, when combined with the calcium in seafood, can form insoluble calcium, irritating the digestive system.
You should not drink tea after eating seafood
5. Red wine: Seafood contains histamine and red wine also contains histamine. Combining them can lead to severe allergic reactions, discomfort, and headaches.
You should not drink red wine when eating seafood
6. High-cold-natured foods: Seafood already has a cold nature, so it’s best to avoid combining it with other high-cold-natured foods like water spinach, cucumbers, and watermelons, as it can cause discomfort, bloating, and indigestion.
7. Legumes: Eating legumes with seafood can lead to indigestion, bloating, and stomach discomfort.
8. High-acid foods like lemon juice and Coca-Cola: Combining these with seafood can cause bloating, indigestion, and stomach discomfort.
These are the 8 types of food that you should avoid eating after seafood to prevent potential health risks.
II/ Consequences of Improperly Eating Seafood
Unintended consequences may occur if you know what not to eat after eating seafood but do not follow these guidelines. Some of the health issues that may arise are as follows:
– Stomach ache, bloating, indigestion, and digestive problems.
– Food allergies, severe allergic reactions, headaches, and fatigue are all possible.
– In addition, improper seafood and food combinations can reduce the nutritional value of seafood and have long-term health consequences.
III/Recommendations When Eating Seafood
– In addition to understanding “what not to eat after eating seafood” or “what not to eat with seafood,” you should also consider the following tips to protect your health when consuming seafood:
– Choose fresh and safe seafood products.
– Prepare seafood properly and avoid consuming raw or undercooked seafood.
– Do not overeat seafood in one sitting to prevent seafood poisoning.
– Be cautious when consuming seafood during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
– If you experience symptoms such as stomach pain, nausea, diarrhea, or rashes after eating seafood, seek medical attention promptly.
KINGFISH has provided answers regarding “what not to eat with seafood” and “what not to eat after seafood” through this informative article. We hope that everyone will be more cautious when combining different dishes with seafood to ensure absol